Every October starts off the same: Pinterest boards, tutorials, and a healthy Google-stalking of Heidi Klum’s best of. Fast forward to the night before, and you’re right back to last year’s solution (from the previous 3 years): you’ll just be a sexy cat.
Put your claws away ladies, you’re not just a purrty face - you’ve got big brains too!
Put them to good use and UP YOUR HAIR GAME this Halloween with these trick or treats:
Turn up the Volume
Best for: Graveyard Gone Glam, Creepy Corpse Bride, Marie Antoinette (on a dead day)
1. Start with dry hair; styling second day is best
2. Lifting large sections at a time, spray Backcomb in Bottle liberally into roots to add lift and volume
3. Work your way around, then let hair fall and spray it all over for even more texture
4. Wear it down, or pull it up high into a big volume pony for extra fright!
Buy: Shop now or at Umberto Giannini Salons, Boots.com and at selected Boots stores 200ml / RSP £7
Watch the Video: Big Volume Pony
High and Mighty Bun
Best for: Orange & Black Swan, Tinker Bell Top Knot, the Haunting of Audrey Hepburn
1. Spray Supermodel Shape Heat Styling Spray onto dry hair to prep for heat styling
2. Smooth things out with your favourite flat iron
3. Section hair off front and back; brush back section into high pony and secure with band
4. Spray Backcomb in Bottle to underside of pony; twist hair around the base to create a bun
5. Section off hair at front; brush smooth then pull tight, gently wrapping around bun and securing as you go
6. Place your tiara or dust with pixie - and done!
Buy: Shop now or at Umberto Giannini Salons, Boots.com and at selected Boots stores.. Both 200ml / £7otally Braided
Best for: Mussed-Up Mermaid, Grecian Goddess Meets Glam, Hair Game of Thrones
1. Start with dry hair (and some patience)
2. Work Up Do Styling Balm between fingers and smooth into hair to add grip and structure
3. Pick your plait plan and get to work
4. Add shells, glitter or a laurel leaf headband to make unruly bits work for you!
Buy: Shop now or at Umberto Giannini Salons, Boots.com and at selected Boots stores. 75ml / £7
Ready to get spooked? Shop these and the entire Umberto Giannini Glam range online, at Boots.com and at selected Boots stores.